Summer Craft: Make an Iconic Christmas Advent ⭐ Calendar
The little ones really enjoy the countdown to Christmas. We've tried to get more creative this year to make the countdown just that extra bit special and memorable. What a year it has been! We'd love to finish off on a positive note and bring some extra joy and fun to this Christmas!
Things you need:
- Make Me Iconic template (printed twice) on 100gsm white paper (see link above)
- Large eye needle
- White twine (or thread that you like to use instead)
- Small thin toys/ trinkets (Make Me Iconic loose change toys, chocolate, coins, small gifts etc..)
- Container to house all the stars (we used @mustard metal yellow basket)
- Hole Punch
- 5 gold pipe cleaners (optional)
Step by step:
- Print two copies of the Make Me Iconic template provided (above) on your chosen paper
- Cut carefully around each star with your scissors
- Match up the pairs of numbers and face them back to back on each other. Printed sides facing out.
- Cut off 30cm of white twine (or your chosen thread) and use your large eye to loosely sew the front and back of the star together. Make sure before you finish sewing the whole star up to place in your tiny toy. Repeat 23 more times!
- Optional extra – Use your hole punch to punch a single hole at the top of each star and then attach by twisting on a gold pipe cleaner to hang off your chosen container. Place the rest of the stars in your basket and wait for the 1stDec to start the advent calendar journey.
All the Christmas details!
To help make your Christmas just that little bit more Australian this year, don't forget out iconic range of Aussie & Melbourne Glass Ornament Decorations!